Sunday, June 04, 2006

Someone Like You


Someone Like You is written by Sarah Dessen and is 288 pages. This book is about 2 best friends Halley and Scarlett. Halley and Scarlett have been best friends for about 5 years and they live right across the street. This summer they got a job at the local grocery store Miltons. While working at Miltons they noticed that a boy that went to their school Michael worked in produce. He always went through Scarletts line and bought 3 Kiwis for lunch. Scarlett and Michael atarted hanging out and they became a couple. During the summer Halleys over protective mother who is also a therapist other signed her up for a 2 week summer camp. During camp she got a phone call from Scarlett telling her that Michael died in a car crash, so Halley got to come home early. Scarletts Mother Marion is like Scarletts child, so that just shows how much responsibility she has. But one day Scarlett has some big news to tell Halley, she is Pregnant and the father is now dead. Scarletts mother freaks out and tells her she has to get an abortion. During all this time Halley has found a boy she likes and he is getting her is a lot of trouble but Halley doesn't care because she loves him. Macon helps Halley and Scarlett get around town and helps Halley skip school and gets her in a ton of trouble with her parents. Scarlett decides to keep the baby and her mom starts dating this crazy medieval man. But through thick and thin they learn that friendship is the most important thing that is keeping them together. And let me tell you their friendship has been put to the test and they pass with flying colors.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED this book. I picked it up and I couldn't stop reading it, no joke. I read it in a whole afternoon, of nonstop reading of course. And I loved every minute of it. The book is nonstop and jam packet full of twists and turns. Sarah Dessen has beautifully crafted this book and turned it into a masterpiece of literature. I tell you, you will love this book and wish that their was a sequel which, I hope their will be. It is a true story of friendship and how to treat others. And believe me this book is so good you will go back to the bookstore ( or the library Susan) and buy (or check out) another book by Sarah Dessen. I Suggest you read it NOW, come on don't give up the chance to read a good book.
~BOOK TASTIC~

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love, love, love Sarah Dessen's books too. I can see you've been busy reading, which is awesome. And congrats on the cell phone. I haven't mastered the text messaging yet... I'm very slow. I just finished reading Great and Terrible Beauty and am now reading Finding Lubchenko. Both are very good.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home