Wednesday, March 29, 2006

RX


RX is a novel by Tracy Lynn as you can see. It is 260 pages long. The print is smaller than it seems and took me about 3 days to read (but mind you I do have to go to school, and do homework). K-Susan you can go ahead and read it; I am done. Oh yeah and mark the score board for me, I finally found one!

This book is about a girl named Thyme (like the spice) Gilcrest and this book follows her through her Junior and Senior years in high school. Thyme is an above-average girl. She is an honors' student, is in the National Honors Society, serves on the Student Council, tries her best to be liked, and is sort of popular, and somehow along the lines she finds herself as a drug dealer. She finds herself dealing OxyContin and Paxil, and she evens becomes a regular Ridalin user. She finds that she enjoys doing this, until something happens and she realizes that she needs to stop. I'm not going to tell you what that thing is, because you need to read it to find out.

I personally liked this book. But I don't agree with drugs, just clearing the air here folks. It is a book that will leave you feeling happy for the most part. I personally was a little mad at the end. It didn't clear enough things as I was hoping. But I am assuming that that is because there will be sequel. No I do not know this for sure, but I sure hope there is to tie up the loose strings. If not, it does leave a few un-knowns. It is however a book that you will read once, and it will probably be enough for a little while. I wouldn't call this a book that you would want to read over and over and over--Like a Corner Of the Universe, or The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants. But it is a good read, don't take me wrong.

But I do have to warn you in advance if you are one of those people who do not tolerate any swearing of any kind in books. You might want to steer clear of this one if you don't like cussing. It cusses probably a couple times every couple of pages. Most of which were a little un-necessary, but it did portray this girl's life very well. That's the kind of language that surrounds her everyday. But if you don't like it, don't read it.

~BOOK TASTIC~

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Sounds kinda sad... but I'm looking forward to reading it. And yep, you beat me to the punch on this one. S.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hello there. And you're right I need to take a hike! I find the pictures after endless (and I mean that)searching. On a completely different note, the Community Planning Committee is working with the library to develop a three year plan for library services. I'm representing the library, but there are lots of other folks who represent different community constituencies (fancy word for groups, but then you knew that). So we created our ideal, or "perfect" community and then figured out how the library would fit into the "utopian" dream. I promised the library folks that I would keep people informed, so that's part of the reason I became a blogger who constantly blogs on her blog. My first day at Kearns tomorrow.... I'm nervous. What are you reading now?

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home